I am an assistant professor in School of Data Science at The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen. I work on the broad area of reinforcement learning, online learning, and learning theory.
I obtained my Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering from The Chinese University of Hong Kong in 2020, fortunate to be advised by Siu On Chan and Andrej Bogdanov. Before that, I obtained my B.E. in Information Security from Shanghai Jiao Tong University in 2014, under Hai Zhao.
2014 - 2020 Ph.D. The Chinese University of Hong Kong
2010 - 2014 B.E. Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Some topics I am currently investigating
- RL theory, bandits, and trustworthy variants of RL
- Multi-agent RL, credit assignment, communication, coordination, and mechanism design in MARL
- Discrete optimization, graph optimization, and their RL approaches
- Other topics in learning theory that I find interesting
I am recruiting PhD students for Spring 2023 and Fall 2023 enrollment. The degree will be issued by CUHK for PhD in Computer Science or PhD in Data Science.
For candidates, I mostly care about their math background and their will on exploring the unknown. We emphasize novelty in research, including new problem settings, new key lemmas, and applications of advanced tools in mathmetics, statistics, and learning theory.
See the program information. Visiting students are also welcomed if you are already working on one of the related areas and are willing to commit a significant amount of time.
- Office: 503 DY, CUHK Shenzhen. Shenzhen, 518172
- Phone: +86 755 235-17020